Process of Acquiring Passport and Working Visa
In this site, the process of acquiring passport is given in detail ranging from downloading form, instruction to fill-up and other information.
- Download Passport Form
- Instruction to download Form
- Instructions to fill up form
- Submit the application form to the District Administration Office. There are a list of documents that are to be submitted along with the application form. Click hereto get the list of documents that is needed to be attached with the application form.
Detail rules for getting a passport can be viewed in detail in the document published by department of passport which contains the rules for passport Click Here for document.
Contact details of Department of Passport
Obtaining a work visa
Nepal government Act for sending workers abroad, Act made by Law commision, The Government of Nepal will look into the treaty made between Nepal and the hiring country.
Then migrating worker must be able to do following things.
- Being able to read and write plainly,
- Having general information about the law, language, culture of and lifestyle in the country to go for work,
- Having general information about occupational safety and health,
- Having obtained the certificate of orientation training
- Having obtained the fitness certificate from a recognized health institution
- Having fulfilled such other procedures and criteria as may be prescribed by the Steering Committee referred to in subsection (2) of Section 6 of the Act.
The same act also says that the worker going abroad for work must have orientation training taken which must include the following matters:
- Foreign employment law of Nepal,
- Geographical situation, culture, lifestyle, economic, social and political situation of the country where the worker goes for foreign employment,
- Language of the country where the worker goes for foreign employment,
- Labor, immigration laws and traffic rules of the country where the worker goes for foreign employment,
- H.I.V/AIDS, communicable diseases, sexual and reproductive health,
- Occupational safety and health,
- Easy and safe travel,
- Conduct, treatment and security of workers,
- Repatriation of earning made abroad to Nepal in a simple, easy and safe manner
About.com gives information about finding a job in another country. It writes that the job is quite challenging, since work permits are difficult to obtain. It writes that the first step to obtain a work permit is to contact the consulate or embassy of the country you wish to work in.
Finding overseas job
There are various rules for applying to the overseas country under work visa. The following websites give the information about obtaining a work permit in various countries.